Skip to main content

Introduction


My name is Aaron Mulholland, I am 19 years old and I'm in my second year of college in TU Dublin doing Creative Digital Media. The module in which I'm doing this blog is for Multimedia Development 1 and I hope to pass this.... hopefully XD. 

Before heading into TU Dublin I first went to a PLC in Dunboyne and did the exact same course I'm doing now; after completing my year there I decided I wanted to take a career in the art of designing on computers as I heard many positives about this chosen career especially in the money !

Technological University Dublin (TUD) logo
 

The hardest part of my first year occurred during the Lockdown during the early stages of Covid-19 when I was in my second semester. It was a tough time for work and trying to work at home and online with limited resources such as cameras, adobe software and the Mac's that the college provided which was where I did most of my work for the modules and to move from that to my Windows laptop was very difficult. Perhaps my biggest achievement though out of all that was that I never gave up on working at my best and in doing this I was able to pass my first year and move onto second year.

I am a big fanatic for football or soccer depending on how you say it; my favorite team has to be Liverpool FC who play in the English Premier League. They became the champions of the 2019-2020 season of the league and won their first Premier League title since 1990. An interesting fact about that year was that my Dad; another fan of the team was my age when they last one that title in 1990. My favorite player at the moment would be Virgil Van Dijk who is a defender such as myself when I played football for my local team Hartstown Huntstown.

At the moment I am doing the Level 7 course and hope to move onto the Level 8 course to do the extra 4th year. I am interested in the web design and the graphic design side of the course and have looked at many job opportunities in this department. These positions offer many perks for the person such as discounts that are suitable to use for any products made by the company, use of facilities that they have access to such as subscriptions to creative and editing softwares e.g Adobe, Javascipt etc. and as I said at the start... the pay was decent XD. 

Overall I hope you learned a bit about myself and what I like and what I hope to accomplish in TU Dublin.




Comments

  1. Hey Aaron nice to get to know you a little bit more, and its cool that you came from a Dunboyne plc to this course. I know how you feel about the second semester with getting things done because done because I was also the same, found it really hard because I didn't have a pc. Also cool that your are big into football, I ament myself because I do boxing but, my favorite team is ManUnited XD. Also cool to hear that you want to complete this course in full. Overall great work and really good and engaging blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aaron, great blog, second semester last year really was tough and I’m glad to see that your still here and never gave up. I’m a big football fan myself only difference is I support Man City so if I had to say one thing I disliked about this blog it would be that you’re a Liverpool fan. ;) Goodluck with this semester and I hope Liverpool don’t win the league.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aaron! I really enjoyed this blog post, it's nice to get to know more people in the course :) I did a media plc too, it really helped me make up my mind in what I wanted to do! Aw last semester was rough I feel you there, was such a difference to being in college everyday! Not going to lie I don't know too much about soccer, I used to play but I gave it up! My brother is an avid Man united fan though so I hear bits about it haha! Best of luck with the rest of this semester :) -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aaron! I enjoyed reading the blog post as it's really the only way to find out more about the people in the year we didn't get to know in 1st year because of the pandemic, it was tough having to finish the 1st year of college from home, I had the same problem having to start working on my work on my old windows laptop going from the nice mac's at college. It's great that you know what you want to do, that means you can focus on those modules and then just try and pass the others, not saying that's what you should do, but I would!!! Best of luck with year 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aaron

    Great blog entry, I really enjoyed getting to know you a bit more, i agree covid was definitely a rough on for sure. i wouldn't say a bit food fan personally but great to see you have a positive memory connected to the team

    Best of luck with the res of the semester

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Aaron, really enjoyed reading your introduction blog and it was nice getting to know a bit about you. I also did a plc in Dunboyne before coming to this course but I did it for an Art Portfolio instead of media. I agree with you on how the second semester was hard, until I built a new pc recently I was using a laptop too which was really slow and overloaded so it was a tough time too but I'm glad the majority of us made it through first year and we're now in second. I hope the rest of your time in this course goes well and you get the job your looking for! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Aaron, its Mia here just read your introduction blog post there and it was really good. It is great to get to know you a little bit more. I sometimes wish I did a PLC before doing our course and I say I would of definitely would of done a similar course to ours. I think we can all agree in the beginning COVID was really hard to get use to.
    Best of luck this semester
    -Mia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prototype: First Playable

  Source: Myself For my project this week, I worked on getting my character moving around the terrain and testing that out with the "on ground" feature that was discussed in our Unity tutorial 3 and put into our C# script . We had the player, jump and move that is what I wanted to mainly focus on and this was a difficult task and I had to go over the tutorials again just to be sure but I got it working in the end!  My character's view will be first person in my game so I had to add a FPS controller to the player , I had to get one from the assets store off Unity, adding the main camera to the player was and angling it so it was attached above the character's body was quite easy; getting the camera to move with the player was ever more difficult. These videos provided me with great help into attaching my FPS controller and camera to my character! Attach the camera Adding the FPS controller

Game Design

Firstly, What is a game? A game is designed to create entertainment, relaxation and in a way let the player or players enjoy a place where they can be something else but to also have fun. Before going into the process of a game you first have to understand "what is a game?". Games were first just a wooden board "chess,poker,checkers" etc. or just using your imagination to create entertainment for yourself or others. Now that technology was brought in consoles" Playstation and X-Box" etc.                           How gaming started off                                                              How it is played now Brainstorming and planning What will be the name of my game? What will be the sole objective? What genre will it be? How will I create the world and levels in which the game revolves around? What will be my characters? Who will be the main villain? These are the questions that should be asked before designing a game.  The pre plan is where your